After an hour and a half (close to it) interview via live stream between Jon Pareles and Trent Reznor we've been given a glimpse into what 2011 and beyond might hold for Nine Inch Nails and Trent's future. The interview was great, with Trent suited up and giving us just enough details to keep us happy, and speculating.
So, what came out of this interview?
- Trent touched on the subject of The Fragile's deluxe release which may include multi-tracks for all you remix artists.
- The Fragile's re-release will be a 5.1 mix (blu-ray?).
- Trent and Atticus will be score the film "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" set to be released November(ish).
- Trent also hinted at releasing a "greatest hits" album, if it had meaning.
- HTDA apparently wont sound much like the EP
- Trent said he'd be happy to work with Marilyn Manson again, "We've had our differences, but Im an adult now, I wear suits".
For those interested in a written version of the interview, you can download it here. This is part 1 with Trent and Jon talking about "The Social Network" before continuing into "Ghosts". Part 2 will be added shortly.
TR Interview Transcript - Part 2 (soon)
TR Interview Transcript - Part 3 (soon)
Part 2 was unfortunately removed due to copyright.